16 years ago
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Making History! Super Tuesday March 6 2012
What an experience! Alicia and I decided last minute to go to the Republican Caucus that was being held here in Boise to determine the Republican Presidential Candidate. There were over 9000 people there. It was the largest caucus ever recorded in American history. Ohio was only 4000. It was a neat experience to be there and see how everything worked. They gave us wrist bands and divided us into sections and then each section had a booth were we voted. The booth had four buckets in it and as we entered they gave us a special token that we dropped into the bucket for our candidate. Then they count the votes, if one candidate got more than 50% then we went home, but if not, the lowest candidate drops off and we vote again until someone has more than 50%. I was voting for Mitt Romney. It was fun while we waited we snacked on popcorn and big pretzels and yummy roasted almonds. By the end of the night (it took a REALLY long time to count 9000 votes) Alicia and I were getting a little tired, and everything seemed funny. People were pretty bored waiting, they even go the wave to go around 6 times! Only in Idaho!!! But after 5 hours and 9000 votes later....Romney won!!! with a 52%! All he needed- the Taco Bell Arena cleaned out pretty quickly- i think there were a lot of tired folks. But what a fun experience! I felt very impressed that I needed to go. I sat praying that Romney would win and then realized that was ridiculous. I wanted the outcome with out doing my part! Life lesson there! I shared that with Brynn in the car as I picked the kids up from school and she caught on fast. She told me that she had read a "friend" article where a little boy didn't do his homework and then was asked to do a problem on the board, as he walked forward he prayed he would get it right, but then didn't. when he got home he was frustrated and wondered why when he prayed he had still missed it. His dad asked if he had studied and the boy told him no. The Lord expects us to do our part. Alicia said it well "God isn't magic!" We have to help. Anyway, it was a great experience and something I will remember my whole life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment