ENJOY THE JOURNEY

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Declutter!

It started as a request for my Birthday...I asked if finally after five years in this house we could paint the kids rooms. But that meant we had to deep clean the kids rooms first...and an added motivation was my in-laws were coming that weekend....so on Saturday we started (after the kids got back from shopping) and we dug in- John in the boys room and me in Brynns.  As always, a decluttering project always means you have to make more of a mess first, and it ALWAYS takes longer than you thought, so by the Tuesday after my birthday our house was a mess! Closets torn apart in every room it seemed, I had even pulled out all the outgrown kids clothes from the top shelves and was sorting them into size piles all over our upstairs family room!  My de-cluttering, had me up to my eyeballs in clutter!  I could only laugh when John's Mom called that afternoon and said "Guess what we are here.... we are early." It was a good thing they were going to Tony and Emily's first! The guest bed was completely covered in family pictures and school memorabilia!
 Luckily, I did actually  manage to get everything put back in order before they came on Saturday.  We took a full van load practically to DI and filled both the Garbage can and Recycling can. But SUCCESS! You can actually hang up clothes in our Guest room closet now, and the boys closet doesn't look like there is something growing in it!! WAHOO! But I did learn a lesson, from now on, only one closet at a time, none of this divide and conquer.....and I doubt my in laws even noticed!

1 comment:

  1. I need to do this to my house:)

    So glad you updated your blog I love to hear about your family!!

    Your Cousin Sara

    ReplyDelete