ENJOY THE JOURNEY

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Queen for a day! My Birthday!

I truly have to say I have the most wonderful family in the world.  I felt like a queen on my birthday.  Not only did I have numerous well wishes from friends, but my family spoiled me rotten.  On my birthday I awoke to a breakfast of eggs, bacon, and waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, as well as sweet birthday notes from my kids and honey.  Then later that morning I received a mysterious text from a "secret admirer" asking me to meet him for lunch (never mind it came from john's cell phone). So I met this tall, dark and handsome stranger at Costa Vida for lunch.  It was fun to do something so spontaneous, I think with kids that gets harder and harder to do....Then I had a hot date that night for dinner.  John (aka my tall dark and handsome stranger) made reservations at Tucano's- a Brazilian Grille that I have been wanting to go to for a while.  It is not just a meal, it is an experience.  It is really fun, they have servers that bring the meat to your table and you can take some or not.  I liked it because you get a little taste of a lot of things.  Yummy! Then John took me shopping for some clothes.  Such a fun night with my sweetheart.  The next morning, John insisted that I take some time for myself and took the kids shopping (for cheesecake for my birthday celebration that night with the kids and other errands) and left me with 3-4 hours to kill.  Wow! I didn't know what to do with myself....I should have caught my blog up to date....=) actually, I spent the time trying to get my life a little more organized....I don't know that it worked but the time was nice.  Then that night the kids and I and John watched 16 wishes and ate Cheesecake.  Again- Yummy!   What a wonderful weekend! My family totally spoiled me.  I am so blessed to have the kids and wonderful husband that I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment